Sponsorship process updated for security updates December 14, 2009Posted by jdstrand in ubuntu.
As posted to ubuntu-devel:
At UDS Lucid we discussed ways to improve the sponsorship of security
updates, particularly for community supported packages. As a result, we
have changed our process to work like other similar processes and
integrate into the SRU process for certain updates. The changes are:
* A new team has been created (ubuntu-security-sponsors) to review community contributed security updates
* ubuntu-security and motu-swat are members of ubuntu-security-sponsors
* The SecurityTeam/UpdatePreparation page has been updated for the changes
* SponsorshipProcess has been updated to include our new process
* The process for sponsoring large updates has been formalized, and utilizes the verification procedures of SRU
* SecurityTeam/SponsorsQueue has been created (based on MOTU’s) for the process of handling the security sponsorship queue
If you have any questions regarding the new process, don’t hesitate to ask. Hopefully these changes will make it easier for people to contribute security updates, make our team a little more transparent, and ultimately better integrate our teams.